Info and registration in English
registration form below!
Girls can! - project's sports groups are aimed at girls with immigrant backgrounds. The purpose is to find the joy of exercise and practice sports with a low threshold. You don't need to know anything in advance, in the lessons you learn the sports from the very beginning. For exercise groups, you need clothes suitable for exercise and a cheerful mood, playing equipment and other things are already ready. The instructors of the groups are trained and understand different types of exercises and cultures. You are welcome to join the groups as you are. The turns are completely free, and in case of need, participant can get HSL card for traveling to the turns.
In the spring of 2024, the following groups will operate. The groups operate mostly in Finnish.
Gymnastics - Organizing club: HIFK Gymnastics
On Mondays, at Liikuntamylly (Jauhokuja 3) at 14.30–15.30, for 7–12-year-olds. Season 29.1.–12.5.
Badminton - Organizing club: HBC - Helsingfors Badminton Club
Thursdays, at the Mandatum Center (Kulosaarentie 2) from 16.00–17.00, for 7–17-year-olds. Season 25.1.–23.5.
Handball - Organizing club: HIFK Handball
On Wednesdays, at Tapanilan urheilukeskus (Erätie 3) at 18.00-19.00, for 7–12-year-olds. Season 7.2.–26.5.
Want to learn more about sports club activities in Finland? Check this!
More information about sports
Badminton is an easy racket game for all ages. Badminton is fun right from the first time, because the light badminton is easy to hit to the other side of the net. During the badminton turns, the goal is to learn the basics of the sport and how to play. You don't need your own rackets or shuttlecocks for the turns.
In the group, we get to know the basics of gymnastics, try new tricks and progress according to the gymnast's own skills. At the same time, body control and the skills of working in a group develop. A positive and encouraging atmosphere is the starting point of the activity. Gymnastics training takes place safely on different gymnastic platforms, such as floor, balance beam, parallel bars and trampolines under the guidance of experienced instructors.
Handball is a fun team sport where teams try to score goals by throwing the ball. Handball is easy even for beginners, so no previous experience with the game is needed.
Instructions for sign up
- Sign up only if you can commit to the group. Committing to a group means participating every time, unless there is an acceptable reason to be absent.
- Fill out the registration form carefully by providing all the necessary information.
- Make sure that the contact information is correct so that we can contact you if necessary.
- Make sure that the participant meets the required age limit at the time of registration.
- The guardian must give consent to participate if the participant is under 13 year old.
- If you don't want to participate in the group, cancel your registration by contacting us as soon as possible.
- Make sure you receive confirmation of your registration by email before the shifts start.
- Your personal data is only used in matters related to the sports group.
The gymnastics group is full at the moment. You can still sign up for queue and we'll inform you if there comes free places.